Disabled Kitchen Recipe: Thai Coconut Chicken Soup for Canning
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 9 minutes
Passive Time 30 minutes
Total Time 54 minutes
Servings 10 1 cup servings
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (Approximately 1 small onion.)
- 1 tbsp Ginger/Garlic Masala (Recipe for Ginger/Garlic Masala)
- 112 g Thai red curry paste (4 oz jar in the United States)
- 908 g boneless skinless chicken thighs (Cut into cubes)
- 1 large chopped red bell pepper
- 6 slices ginger (If you can source galangal, use that instead)
- 2 tsp fresh Thai basil (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup salt-free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar (heaping)
- 400 ml can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp lime juice
Turn on the Instant Pot to saute. Add oil, onions, ginger/garlic masala and Thai red curry paste. Saute until onions are translucent (about 2 minutes). Press cancel.
Add the chicken and mix until the chicken is thoroughly covered.
Add bell pepper, sliced ginger, Thai basil, chicken broth, fish sauce and sugar. Stir to mix well.
Cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes. Natural release. Tip: To speed up natural release, please cold wet clothes on the metal parts of the lid. You may need to re-wet the clothes a couple of times as the Instant Pot dries them out.
Once the pressure has released, remove lid and turn onto saute. Add coconut milk and lime juice. Bring to a boil and stir thoroughly. Once it starts boiling, press cancel.
Serve. With the leftovers, either store in the refrigerator and eat the rest within 3 days or freeze.