06 Feb Disabled Kitchen Recipe: Instant Pot Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
Like most of my recipes, this Instant Pot Thai Coconut Chicken Soup recipe is an extremely easy dump and cook recipe, with a little bit of sauteing.
Prep time is 15 minutes. Cook time is 9 minutes. Plus about 20 – 30 minutes of waiting for the Instant Pot to reach pressure and naturally release pressure.
Heat index is extra mild.
Makes 10 x 1 cup servings. I always eat 2 cups at a time but everyone has different per-portion needs, so this allows more flexibility when you change the number of portions in the recipe before printing.
If you’re new to Instant Pot-ting, these Instant Pot Resources are a great place to start.
Instant Pot Thai Coconut Chicken Soup for Canning Needed Items
- 6 quart Instant Pot
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Food processor or food chopper attachment for your immersion blender
- Wooden spoon
Disabled Kitchen Recipe: Thai Coconut Chicken Soup for Canning
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (Approximately 1 small onion.)
- 1 tbsp Ginger/Garlic Masala (Recipe for Ginger/Garlic Masala)
- 112 g Thai red curry paste (4 oz jar in the United States)
- 908 g boneless skinless chicken thighs (Cut into cubes)
- 1 large chopped red bell pepper
- 6 slices ginger (If you can source galangal, use that instead)
- 2 tsp fresh Thai basil (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup salt-free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar (heaping)
- 400 ml can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- Turn on the Instant Pot to saute. Add oil, onions, ginger/garlic masala and Thai red curry paste. Saute until onions are translucent (about 2 minutes). Press cancel.
- Add the chicken and mix until the chicken is thoroughly covered.
- Add bell pepper, sliced ginger, Thai basil, chicken broth, fish sauce and sugar. Stir to mix well.
- Cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes. Natural release. Tip: To speed up natural release, please cold wet clothes on the metal parts of the lid. You may need to re-wet the clothes a couple of times as the Instant Pot dries them out.
- Once the pressure has released, remove lid and turn onto saute. Add coconut milk and lime juice. Bring to a boil and stir thoroughly. Once it starts boiling, press cancel.
- Serve. With the leftovers, either store in the refrigerator and eat the rest within 3 days or freeze.