22 Mar AeroGarden Sprout LED Garden 1: Week 15 – 16 Update
After 16 weeks of growing herbs in my first AeroGarden Sprout LED, my Genovese basil has a new set of starter leaves!
Week 15’s maintenance included harvesting, adding water and lowering the lights. Week 16’s maintenance included harvesting, adding a cap-full of nutrients and refilling the reservoir, and lowering the lights. Each week’s maintenance continues to take less than 5 minutes.
AeroGarden Sprout LED Garden #1 Week 15 Condition Before Harvesting Herbs
Week 15 was the first week in a while that the lights weren’t extended to their full height. Despite adding support on Week 14, the dill still refused to grow upright.
AeroGarden Sprout LED Garden #1 Week 15 Maintenance Details
Maintenance remained the same as ever for odd-numbered weeks: water and harvest. I also readjusted the dill in an attempt to give it support.
The great thing I discovered on Week 15 was a new set of starter leave on the Genovese basil, which means it’s entering its second growing season. So, that’s exciting! I’m curious to know if I’ll be able to get these herbs to last longer than the 6 months AeroGarden says they’ll grow for.
AeroGarden Sprout LED Garden #1 Week 16 Condition Before Harvesting Herbs
Yet again, at Week 16, the dill was not having anything to do with the support I keep trying to provide it. Once again, I’ve had to raise the lights to their full height.
AeroGarden Sprout LED Garden #1 Week 16 Maintenance Details
Maintenance on Week 16 involved harvesting the Genovese basil and dill, adding nutrients and water, and lowering the lights.
One slight difference on Week 16 is that I didn’t harvest any curly parsley. After harvesting, yet again, I attempting to give the dill some support until its stems start to thicken.
How I Used The Last Two Week’s Maintenance of the AeroGarden Sprout LED Garden 1 for Mental Health Gains
Today’s extra long gardening session — I also had to tend to my Farm Plus today — was more of a celebration than anything. As I was beginning maintaining my gardens this week, I got some great personal news. This just made my gardening and journaling session happier than usual.
One sucky thing that happened: I ran out of Polaroid Zip printer paper and the refills I had purchased don’t want to work with my very old Polaroid Zip, even though the package says it should. So, I need to buy a new Polaroid Zip and will be missing images in my journal until it arrives.
My current printer is about three years old. I’m surprised it lasted that long. Hopefully the new printer will solve the white line issue, which may be the result of the cover no longer snapping on correctly.
If you have any questions about these updates, let me know in the comments!